Thanks to PizGloria.com for this hand-picked selection.
1) “Casino Royale” (334) published by Pan Books in 1955 – (artist Roger Hall).
First Bond paperback and first portrayal of Bond on a cover. Often hard to find in great condition.
2) “Moonraker” (392) published by Pan Books in 1956 (artist Josh Kirby).
Again an early cover and also difficult to find.
3) “Casino Royale” (G198) published by Great Pan in 1959 – (artist Sam Peffer).
Any “Peff” cover belongs in a list of most collectable covers.
4) “You Asked For It” (660) published by Popular Library in 1955 – (artist unknown).
Unusual cover, very American and also fairly rare I suppose.
5) “Too Hot To Handle” (M-3070) published by Perma Books in 1957 – (artist unknown).
Again another rare cover although I’m not sure the image of a woman being held by the throat indicates this is a spy novel.
6) “Thunderball” (X201) published by Pan Books in – (artist Raymond Hawkey).
Love those bullet holes. Inspired the first full series of Fleming Bond covers published by Pan.
7) “Thunderball” (X201 – 14th printing) movie tie-in published by Pan Books in 1965 containing the blue Players Cigarettes letter written by Domino – (artist unknown).
Original copies of this letter in good condition are now fetching amazing prices on the web. Beware facsimiles though… always check for that water-mark.
8) “You Only Live Twice” (X434) with movie tie-in dust jacket published by Pan Books in 1967 – (artist unknown).
Many years ago I was given a copy of this dust jacket for free and it remained a curio to me for a long time. I’ve since realised they are quite scarce.
9) “From Russia With Love” (X236) movie tie-in published by Pan Books in 1963 – (artist unknown).
The idea of having film sprockets down both sides of the front cover is inspired.
10) “Casino Royale” (ISBN: 9780141028309) published by Penguin Books in 2002 – (artist Richie Fahey).
Penguin had tried a few different styles for their Bond covers before Richie Fahey created this brilliant series of covers in the US which were later reprinted in the UK too. While this cover is still relatively easy to find in second-hand book stores, so far I have found 6 different variations of it… and there could be more.