Join us to celebrate the birthday of Ian Fleming on May 28, 2016!
This special evening, in collaboration between literary007.com and Maxus Movie Walks, will begin with a special walking tour of Ian’s City life at 5pm from Bank station. This exclusive version of the Maxus Walks Ian Fleming Tour will include the actor Michael Chance, who played Ian in the one-man show, The Man with the Golden Pen.
This special ticket-only event will be culminate at the Apex Hotel Bar right outside Ian Fleming’s old writing office at Mitre Court in London for drinks at 7pm.
The event also boasts some special guests including jewellery designer for the Bond films Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace Sophie Harley, the author of upcoming biography of Richard Chopping Jon Lys Turner, Brian Lett QC author of Ian Fleming and SOE’s Operation Postmaster, Trevor Scobie, Remmert Van Braam of Bond Lifestyle and many more!
NB: Tickets are £10 pre paid or £15 cash on the day.
Some of the locations on the walk include:
- Reuters Statue (Ian Fleming worked there in 1931-32)
- Throgmorton Avenue (Ian Fleming worked for Cull & Co. Merchant Bank 1933-35)
- Bishopsgate (Ian Fleming worked for Rowe & Pitman stockbrokers 1935-1939)
- Midland Bank site (the model for Goldfinger/Fort Knox safe theft)
- Goldsmiths Hall (where Ian Fleming researched Goldfinger)
- Printing House Square, Blackfriars (Ian Fleming worked for Sunday Times 1945-1957)
- Serjeants Inn, Mitre Court, Fleet Street (Ian Fleming had his writing office here 1957-1964)
Tickets for the Walk + Cocktails are priced at £10 pre-booked or £15 cash on the day, but hurry as the event is limited to 20 people!
Reserve your ticket here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ian-fleming-birthday-walk-celebration-tickets-24234122914